Fun is important, but safety and security is paramount at the University of Nebraska State Museum – Morrill Hall. To ensure the security of all children in your party, we will provide a name tag for each child to wear so that they are easily identifiable as party attendants. With the help of attending adults, we keep the party together as a group from drop-off to pick-up time. We require that you commit one adult to attend per every 5 children in order to help us keep an eye on everyone.
• Each party lasts 90 minutes
• Our parties are designed for children ages 4-10
• All parties allow a maximum of 12 children
• A museum employee is assigned to help run the party from start to finish including a theme-based museum excursion.
• To help us keep an eye on everyone, we require that you commit 1 adult per every 5 kids to attend the party with a maximum of 8 adults attending. All adults, other than your specially invited helpers, are welcome to purchase admission to tour Morrill Hall, to visit the UNL campus, or to leave campus and return for pick up after 90 minutes. Drop off and pick up information is included in our downloadable invitations.
Your Party Includes:
• Downloadable theme-based invitations for your birthday guests.
• Guided museum excursion relating to your party theme and a theme based activity.
• An adventure into the museum's Marx Discovery Center where the children can engage in many fun hands-on activities including a simulated fossil dig.
• Use of our newly renovated party room where you'll eat your cake, open presents and have tons of fun.
• Gift bag for each child with quality gifts from our museum's Discovery Shop.
• Special gift for the birthday child.
• Museum staff member to set up, run the party, guide the excursion, and clean up.
• Colorful, quarter-sheet personalized theme cake and drinks (additional price-see below).
• Candles, eating utensils, themed plates, cups, and napkins.
Call (402) 472-2637 during regular museum hours for birthday party reservations. Birthday parties must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance. Registration form must be received within 3 business days after making your reservation.
A $25.00 deposit is required to hold your date and time. Phone payment with Visa, Mastercard, or Discover is the preferred method for deposits. If by check, payments are due within 3 business days after making your reservation. Balance due on day of party. Your deposit is subtracted from the balance due.
Birthday parties are NOT scheduled on home football game days, Sunday with a Scientist or on special museum event days.
We require a $25.00 deposit to hold your date and time. This deposit is non-refundable.
Party dates/time availability:
Saturdays: 10:00 am or 1:00 pm
Sundays: 2:00 pm
Parties must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance. We do not schedule birthday parties on home football game days, Sunday with a Scientist or on special museum events.
Mesozoic Mania, Cosmic Adventure and One World, One Sky planetarium birthday parties are only available on Saturdays at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. If your group or party is 10 minutes late or more to your scheduled program, the planetarium reserves the right to cancel it with no refund.
Location of the Museum:
Museum visitor parking is available in front of Morrill Hall and in the parking garage west of Memorial Stadium. Downtown hotels and parking are within 10 minutes walking distance.
Morrill Hall is located just south of 14th and Vine Streets on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus. To reach Morrill Hall from Interstate 80 or Nebraska Highway 2, take 27th Street to Vine Street, then turn west on Vine Street.
Drop off & pick up instructions:
Please park in the museum visitor spaces directly in front of the museum. Check in at the Morrill Hall front desk (you will need to know your license plate number). You will be directed to the birthday room where our staff will sign your child in and give them their name tag. At that point, if you will not be attending the party, you are welcome to purchase admission to tour Morrill Hall, to visit the UNL campus, or to leave campus and return for pick up after 90 minutes.